Manchester Airport Station servers all three Manchester Airport terminals (Terminals 1, 2 & 3). Rail services are frequent, easy and cheap.
- Train Frequency To/From Manchester (Piccadilly): Trains run approximately every 10 minutes at peak times (see live board below). For late-night and/or early morning arrivals/departures please consult the journey planner above.
- Journey Time To/From Manchester (Piccadilly): Approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Ticket Price To/From Manchester (Piccadilly): From £4.20
- Train Time To/From London (Euston): 2 hours 40 mins (note change required at Manchester Piccadilly)
- Direct Trains To/From (average journey time):
- Bolton (30 mins)
- Crewe (35 mins)
- Huddersfield (1 hour)
- Liverpool (1 hour)
- Preston (1 hour)
- Leeds (1 hour 10 mins)
- Blackpool (1 hour 30 mins)
- Sheffield (1 hour 30 mins)
- The Lake District (1 hour 30 mins)
- York (1 hour 40 mins)
- Newcastle (2 hours 30 mins)
- Glasgow (3 hrs 30 mins)
- Edinburgh (3 hours 40 mins)
- Station Operating Hours: Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Train Companies: First TransPennine Express, Northern Rail and Arriva Trains Wales.
- Facilitates: Ticket machines, Ticket Office, Toilets, Baby changing facilities, Left Luggage, ATM Machine, Currency Exchange, Pay phones, Post box, Refreshment facilities, Passport Photo Booth, Trolleys, Waiting Rooms, Wheelchairs available.
- Impaired mobility access: The station has step-free access, ramps for train access, wheelchairs, and staff who can assist customers at Station Assistance Point 1, near the front of the station.
- Station Managed By: First TransPennine Express
Manchester Airport Station opened in 1993 to serve the growing airport. Located just under 10 miles (16km) south of Manchester Piccadilly, the station has good rail connections to the North of England and Scotland.
Manchester Airport itself is the third busiest airport in the UK and the busiest outside of London. It has 3 terminals (Terminals 1, 2 & 3) that serve approximately 225 destinations and 22 million passengers annually.
You can reach the airport from the station by following the ‘Sky Link’ or reach the station from the airport by following sign to ‘The Station.’
Travelling by train is the easiest and cheapest way to get to and from the airport with ticket prices starting at just £4.20. The cheapest way to buy tickets is to either use our journey planner above or book directly with First TransPennine Express.