Gatwick Airport station serves Gatwick’s North and South terminals and can be reached from Victoria station in as little as 30 minutes.
- Train Frequency To/From London: Gatwick Express trains run every 15 minutes direct to Victoria. Additionally, Southern services run to London Victoria via Clapham Junction and East Croydon and Thameslink services run to London Bridge, Farringdon, St. Pancras and Luton airport every 10-15 minutes at peak times.
- Journey Time To/From London: Gatwick Express trains take 30 mins to reach Victoria station with Southern services taking 32-40 minutes. Service to London Bridge averages around 29-45 minutes and service to St. Pancras will take around 55 minutes but these services run less frequently.
- Ticket Price To/From London: Anytime Gatwick Express tickets cost £19.90 one way or £34.90 for return. To save money, consider booking advanced tickets on Southern Trains, which can be bought for as little as £11 one way or £22 return, but keep in mind these tickets must be used on the time and date specified.
- Direct Trains To/From (average journey time):
- Brighton (32 mins)
- Eastbourne (55 mins)
- Southampton (1 hour 50 mins)
- Portsmouth (1 hour 23 mins)
- Guildford (39 mins)
- Reading (1 hour 16 mins)
- Station Operating Hours: Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Train Companies: Gatwick Express, Southern, Thameslink and First Great Western
- Facilitates: Ticket Office, Ticket Machines, Toilets, Baby changing facilities, Lifts, Left luggage, Lost Property, ATM Machine, Bureau de Change, Pay phones, Public Wi-Fi, Refreshment facilities, Shops, Showers, Tourist Information, Trolleys and Waiting Rooms.
- Impaired mobility access: Assistance is available within the station and from the station to the airport. However, it is advised that you contact the relevant train operating company 48 hours in advance to ensure assistance is available. Ramp for train access, Step free access coverage and wheelchairs available. A Height adjusted ticket counter is available as are accessible ticket machines. Wheelchair users may require assistance using car park equipment at this station.
- Station Managed By: Southern
The current Gatwick Airport station is located 27 miles (43 km) south of London and dates from 1958. It’s now the only station for Gatwick Airport, London and the UK’s second busiest with 38 million passengers annually.
One important thing to note about the station is that Oyster cards are not valid since the station is outside of London’s fare zones. Therefore, you must buy a ticket before boarding the train (see above).
Gatwick Airport is divided into two terminals (North and South) and the station is located 70 meters from the South terminal. Access to the North terminal is provided using a free monorail that only takes a few minutes.
Train travel is by far the fastest mode of transportation between central London and Gatwick airport. Travel by coach, car and/or taxi can take well over 2 hours during rush hour. And with advance tickets available from just £11 it provides the best value for money.
To check train times to and from Gatwick Airport please use our journey planner at the top of the page.
You can also learn more about the Gatwick Express from our article: Gatwick Express: Is It The Cheapest or Best Option?